We take training and licensing very seriously.
Many of our staff are licensed Customs brokers or hold similar certifications, such as Certified Customs Specialists, Certified Export Specialists, International Maritime Dangerous Goods or IATA certifications. As a company, Deringer holds the following licenses and certifications:
- Deringer is licensed as an ocean freight forwarder and non-vessel operating common carrier (NVOCC). Our license number is 1853N/F. The following locations hold NVOCC and freight forwarder bonds: Alexandria Bay, Atlanta, Boston, Buffalo, Champlain, Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, Hartford, Highgate, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, and Seattle.
- Deringer was one of the first companies to become licensed as a US Customs broker, License No. 22.
- Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) licensed ocean transportation intermediary.
- Deringer is an IATA licensed cargo agent.
- First company issued a CBP National Permit for remote location filing (RLF).
- Deringer pioneered new trade ground by filing the first error-free ACE entry summary.
- We were one of four brokers selected by CBP to participate in the Broker Self-Assessment pilot.
- Deringer has been a member of CTPAT since 2003 as both a Customs Broker and Consolidator. Please email us with any questions regarding our CTPAT validation or our CTPAT services.