Deringer’s consulting services help resolve your most complex compliance needs.
We guide you through duty deferral programs such as duty drawback services and reconciliation, prepare or help you through the complexities of Customs inquiries, and safeguard your compliance program from scrutiny.
The US trade environment demands a fast hold on regulatory and security requirements. Adherence to regulatory compliance can provide a competitive advantage and help facilitate smooth supply chains. Deringer’s consulting group provides scalable, customizable support through a full complement of regulatory and logistics services:
- Duty Drawback/Refund: Deringer consultants understand the nuances of duty drawback regulations and can help design a program that meets all record keeping criteria and provides the mechanism to accurately calculate the exact amount of your refund potential.
- Reconciliation Assistance: The group manages and develops reconciliation programs by completing the necessary application, assessing the reconcilable issues, preparing the spreadsheets, and filing the reconciliation entry with CBP.
- Audit Assistance: Have you been selected for an audit? Rely on us as a resource to help you prepare and provide technical support throughout the process.
- Focused Assessments: Let us help you prepare for a Customs assessment before it happens; we can also train your staff to conduct their own assessments.
- Prior Disclosures & Mitigation: A level of protection is afforded to importers who file a prior disclosure in advance of a Customs investigation. If violations are discovered, reasonable care statutes subsequently can demonstrate the importer’s efforts.
- Classification & Valuation Analysis: Presenting the accurate value and tariff classification to Customs is the legal responsibility of the importer. Our consulting staff has developed a seven step process to review the classification of your goods.
- FDA Food Facility Registration & FDA Agency Program: Importations from unregistered facilities will be held at the port of entry or denied entry into the US. Additionally, foreign facilities need to appoint a US agent as part of their FDA facility registration. Deringer provides US agency services to foreign food facilities and has represented clients before the FDA since the inception of the Bioterrorism reporting requirement.
- C-TPAT (Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism) Program Development: Services can be scaled from clients completing most of the work themselves, with minimal but necessary input from us, to our consulting team completing the majority of the work independently or with input throughout the process.
- Compliance Program Development & Staff Training: Customized on-site or electronic training, general and industry specific seminars, as well as performance support and analysis are part of our acclaimed instructional programs. We can assess your current practices, report the results, make recommendations, and help implement necessary and agreed to changes.