The profitable export of your freight around the world necessitates more than a good price and transit time. It requires export compliance knowledge. Exporters who fast-track their freight without proper diligence could be subject to both civil and criminal penalties and loss of exporting privileges. In addition to monetary penalties, individuals could face jail sentences. Elevated security concerns, complex document requirements, ever changing regulations, combined with expensive penalties for violations make working with a seasoned third party logistics provider (3PL) more beneficial than ever.
Deringer’s air and ocean export services include:
- International air freight, sea freight, and intermodal freight forwarding services for shipments of all sizes.
- Assistance ensuring companies meet their responsibilities relative to foreign country requirements, licensing, and commodity classification.
- Cargo insurance program tailored to your goods and specific needs.
- Vetted network of partners to provide local expertise with the delivery of your freight overseas.
- Review of complex documents for accuracy and regulatory compliance.
- Assistance with letters of credit arrangements to ensure compliance.
- Controlling your export transactions helps you avoid delayed shipments, excessive freight and handling costs, and adds confidence that your goods comply with U.S. Export Administration Regulations (EAR), U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Office of Foreign Assets and Controls (OFAC), and other involved agencies.
- When the overseas buyer controls the freight, the buyer’s forwarder is working on their behalf, not yours.
- It is important to understand Incoterms and how they affect the seller’s responsibility.
- Deringer’s dedicated air and ocean export resources monitor rapidly changing government regulations, embargoes, sanctions, and restricted parties.