On February 8, 2017, US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) posted updated ACE Documentation on their website for both Partnering Government Agencies (PGA) Import Forms and PGA Export Forms. These documents outline how information required by specific PGA paper forms can be electronically submitted through ACE via the PGA Message set or the Document Image System (DIS) and can be found on the CBP website – here.
CBP has also updated their ACE PGA Filing Status chart and point of contact for the various PGAs. This form is also available on the CBP website.
While many of the PGAs have opened and closed pilot and electronic filing procedures that are already effective, there are still upcoming changes to be implemented for export. The PGAs are as follows:
- Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS)
- Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF)
- Bureau of Industry & Security (BIS)
- Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC)
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Fish and Wildlife Services (FWS)
- National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS)
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau (TTB)
Deringer encourages exporters to start preparing now for the new electronic Message sets that will be required by each of the PGAs. To prepare for the upcoming system changes this may require, you can refer to the AESTIR Appendix Q (PGA Record Formats) and Appendix X (HTS Codes for PGAs). These can be found on CBP’s website – here.
Please send an email to Deringer’s Compliance Department or call (518) 298-8281 with any questions.