FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LOS ANGELES, CA – The Los Angeles Customs Brokers and Freight Forwarders Association is honored to congratulate our very own Sandy Coty on becoming the Customs Committee Chair for the NCBFAA!
Customs Committee & Subcommittee
The Customs Committee is responsible for recommending policy and strategy to the Board of Directors pertaining to Customs Business, automation, ACE, entry, the right to make entry, 21CCF, 111, DHS policy, homeland security, drawback and other initiatives that impact the brokerage industry as undertaken by Customs and Border Protection (CBP).
Charter: Responsible for recommending policy and strategy to the Board of Directors with regard to customs brokerage issues coming before the association. Provides direct linkage to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection on many programs of special interest. Those members listed as representing specific NCBFAA Areas are the nine voting members of the Committee; all others are non-voting, subject matter experts who assist the Committee in its deliberations.
Our work with CBP:
• Ongoing input and analysis on 21CCF
• Support for IT modernization plans
• Continued advocacy for ACE enhancements
• Support for uniform fines and penalties
• Initiatives for uniform port policies and procedures
• Advocacy for clear written business continuity and resumption plans
• Ongoing clarification discussions on entry, the right to make entry and the role of the broker with CBP
• Responses to FRN’s that impact the brokerage community, including 111
• Regular meetings with DHS and CBP leadership
# # #
Special thanks to NCBFAA for providing this information.