The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has published tips in preparation for the 2020 biennial food facility registration renewal. The registration renewal period takes place between October 1, 2020, and December 31, 2020.
- “Ensure that your FURLS <FDA Unified Registration and Listing System> account is up to date with a valid password.”
- Visit FDA Industry Systems to access your account. From this site, account IDs and passwords can be reset. Accounts not accessed for more than 90 days will require the password to be reset.
- “Obtain or verify your facility’s unique facility identifier (UFI).”
- Beginning October 1, 2020, facilities’ UFI will need to be submitted with the registration information. FDA recognizes Dun & Bradstreet’s DUNS number (Data Universal Numbering System) as an acceptable UFI.
- To obtain or verify an existing DUNS number, visit FDA DUNS Portal. New users will need to create an account to access the portal.
- Resources: Read the FDA DUNS Portal User Guide: How to Obtain a DUNS Number, initiate an inquiry within the portal, or email email@example.com.