We take training and licensing very seriously.
Nearly half of our staff are licensed Customs brokers or hold similar certifications. As a company, Deringer holds the following licenses and certifications:
- Deringer is licensed as an ocean freight forwarder and non-vessel operating common carrier (NVOCC). Our license number is 1853N/F. The following locations hold NVOCC and freight forwarder bonds: Alexandria Bay, Atlanta, Blaine, Boston, Buffalo, Champlain, Chicago, Cincinnati, Detroit, Hartford, Highgate, Houston, Los Angeles, New York, and Seattle.
- Deringer was one of the first companies to become licensed as a US Customs broker, License No. 22.
- Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) licensed ocean transportation intermediary.
- Deringer is an IATA licensed cargo agent.
- First company issued a CBP National Permit for remote location filing (RLF).
- Deringer pioneered new trade ground by filing the first error-free ACE entry summary.
- We were one of four brokers selected by CBP to participate in the Broker Self-Assessment pilot.
- Deringer has been a member of C-TPAT since 2003 as both a Customs Broker and Consolidator.