As of November 1, 2012, ACI eManifest is in the informed compliance phase; please contact Deringer to start the application process as soon as possible. Carriers that would like to utilize Deringer's software for ACI eManifest, must first complete a Letter of Intent and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deringer will then submit it to CBSA on your behalf.
Copy of Letter of Intent
Deringer’s eManifest (electronic manifest) solution eases the burden of submitting the many data elements required by the US and Canadian Customs agencies. Two packages provide carriers with different user-friendly solutions to transmit the required information. Carriers can choose to enter the manifest data themselves using a secure, user-friendly online tool or have Deringer personnel enter and transmit the data on their behalf.
eManifest is a system designed to replace paper documents, expedite trade, increase information sharing among government agencies, and increase border security. The United States has been requiring carriers to transmit electronic manifests since 2007, and Canada has started to phase in their new requirements, with full enforcement anticipated by Q4 2012.
For US manifests, the information must be submitted through US Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) at least 1 hour, or 30 minutes if the shipment qualifies for the Free and Secure Trade (FAST) program, prior to the truck arriving at a US land border crossing. For a Canadian truck eManifest, the information must be transmitted through Canada Border Services Agency’s (CBSA) ACI Highway system at least one hour prior to arriving at a Canadian border crossing. Failure to do so will result in delayed shipments and monetary penalties. One system and one database for northbound and southbound shipments help ensure compliance and consistency of data.
- Meet the electronic filing requirements of manifests by US Customs and Border Protection (CBP eManifest, ACE eManifest) and Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA eManifest or Canadian truck eManifest)
- Streamline clearance of shipments
- Secure online access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- One database to maintain for North and South bound filings reduces redundant data entry
- Shipment and trip templates increase efficiency
- Analyze, manage, and deliver reports quickly
- Email alerts, trips and shipment
- Gain more insight into supply chains
- Online help available
Access eManifest (For carriers choosing to enter manifest data themselves)
Internet Explorer (IE) web browser only.
For more information about eManifest, please call 888-612-6239 or send an email to email@example.com.