Deringer has been partnered with US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) in the joint national security initiative Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) since February 28, 2003. We are proud to be certified and validated as both a Customs Broker and Consolidator.
C-TPAT is a voluntary, joint government - business initiative to build cooperative relationships that strengthen and improve supply chain security. The C-TPAT initiative focuses on security procedures, physical and personnel security, conveyance security, and education and training. Companies participating in the C-TPAT program enjoy significant benefits:
- Greater ability to predict lead time
- Decreased occurrence of supply chain disruptions
- Decreased wait time for carriers at border
- Establishment of supply chain security procedures
- More frequent review of service providers’ security standards
- Reduced incidence of cargo theft and pilferage
- Improved security for workforce
Successfully securing the borders of the United States requires the cooperation of foreign and domestic business partners. Deringer is committed to ensure that our business partners are using secure practices throughout the supply chain. Using this extensive experience, Deringer develops step-by-step action plans to assist companies in preparing their C-TPAT Security Plan Profile. Service includes:
- Preparing C-TPAT application and security profile
- Drafting security procedure manual
- Implementing C-TPAT program
- Educating and training employees
Additional information is available in the C-TPAT section on US Customs & Border Protection's website. Details regarding C-TPAT program benefits is also available on the site.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org